I'm trying to animate part of a subassembly in my top level assembly using a path mate/path motor combo. However, whenever I try to create the animation I get the error:
>The Initial Conditions displacement solution failed. ADAMS/Solver could
not determine the initial assembled position configuration of the model
>1)Try increasing the number of iterations for convergence. Current value: 25.
>2)If redundant constraints are present try to eliminate as many as possible.
>3)Make sure prescribed motions are consistent with other aspects of the
current model position.
>4)Check to see if joints are inconsistent (contradictory); eliminate them if so.
>5)Check to see if parts are not too distant from an assembled configuration.
I have no idea how to fix this error. I've tried increasing the number of iterations needed to no avail. In the model view, I can move everything to the desired position; none of the moving parts are fixed in place. All of the assemblies are flexible.
The odd thing is, when I open the subassembly which holds the moving parts and add the same path motors, Solidworks/Motion Analysis will create the correct animation.