AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with Multi-Body Sheet Metal

Question asked by Filipe Venceslau on Apr 25, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 by Filipe Venceslau

Hello all,

I am having a problem with a template I am working on which involves multi-body sheet metal.

This template is supposed to work for multiple thicknesses with a maximum of 3 sheet-metal bodies. All bodies should have the same thickness.

When I change the thickness of my base flange all bodies seem to update their thickness, however multiple features error stating that the part does not have uniform thickness.

Before this template I used a similar idea with a maximum of 2 sheet-metal bodies. Only now that I have addes a third body did I begin to run into this problem.

This template is for use in Driveworks, so a realistic solution should involve a permanent fix to the model, rather than a manual fix that needs to be performed every-time something is changed.

For example, if I edit both sheet metal features I can see how one of the sheet metal features isn't updating it's thickness (although in the graphics area it has).

If I fix this inconsistency (by editing each feature and manually matching the values) the model will work, however this type of fix is not implementable into Driveworks (without complex macro programming).

Note: The thickness values which I am testing are: 0.08, 0.108, 0.125 and 0.25.

Thanks in advance for your help, I am looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Filipe

10001-1-LSW_TEST.JPG

Attachments

Outcomes