2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 5:13 AM by Wayne Gissing

eDrawings on Android/ ES File Explorer

Mac Trec

Hi All,

So I have an Android phone, I have ES File Explorer installed and I connected to one of my shared drives. When I try to open an edrawings file, all it does is bring me to the Samples menu. But my actual drawing doesn't show up. Any ideas? Why is it not opening my file?

• Re: eDrawings on Android/ ES File Explorer
          Dermot Cradden

I have the same sort of issue, all I can open is their sample files nothing else.

I even emailed myself a edrawing file and the mail app says there isn't an app that can open that kind of file.

When I select the "user file" menu it gives me two options neither of which does anything.

I have to import a file to open it?

why not just let me open a file from a directory?

Kind of thing thats been around since windows 3.1

• Re: eDrawings on Android/ ES File Explorer
            Wayne Gissing

i found the solution to this earlier today

you need to download off the play store a new file manager, give it access to your downloads then if using email click save on the attachment, it will be saved in the downloads folder on the file manager, go to the file manager locate the file and click it and if you have EDrawings on your phone/tablet it will open it

you only need to do that once then it will be in your My Files folder in EDrawings