I was making 3D pdf files of my assemblies and when I tried to open one, I received this error message.
Does anyone know what this is?
Yes, I seen the same error message. Have not found a work around.
Data parsing errors, in my experience, naturally result from a program's inability to read the data, or a general problem with the data itself.
More often than not, using a previous/newer version of Acrobat has resolved the issue if it's a program-specific issue. Have you tried other 3D PDF viewers, or Acrobat on another machine as a sanity check?
Hope this helps!
I've tried it on two different computers, and send the file to a colleague to test, and same error message on all 3 computers. The weird part is that is was working great all day, and then after the 4th or 5th attempt to save as a 3D PDF, we go the error message.
Have you tried writing out other models to trouble shoot the problem - I would try to convert a file that worked before to see if it still works to narrow down - is it a file corruption, is it your machine / setup? Try writing the pdf from another PC... From your tests already, it would seem that the reader is not at fault...
I have been working with the same assembly for 3 days now, over this time I saved (and sent to the customer for review) many 3D PDF's (my guess is 10+), they have all worked with the exception of the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th times today.
Assembly xBert stats
it seems odd that Erica asked this in April... Todd, you're seeing this same issue today. I wonder if Erica ever solved it. xBert results are something I have never seen or heard of before. I don't know much at all about 3D pdf - I was only giving suggestions for trouble shooting the issue.
A work around (which is almost the same thing a solidworks fix) is download the PDF Exporter from SimLab. It has a trail period of 15 days/files (unclear). After that's it's $149, which is a crazy price to pay for something you used to work in Solidworks.
Solidworks went downhill in 2010, and although they have slowed their speed, they are still on the decent.
(if you are reading this, then you are lucky, and got to it before the moderator)
I'll make you a bet that people will be reading this a year from now. (Well, no one is likely to be reading it unless this thread takes on a life of its own, but they will be able to read it because SolidWorks won't pull it.)
Jerry S. (who has no connection with Dassault, SolidWorks, or a VAR, other than using their software)
After working through a few options, the best solution I found was to decrease the number of parts in the assembly, or the complexity of a few of the parts (use cosmetic threads instead of real threads, model gears as blanks instead of the real teeth, etc....). Hiding and suppressing parts didn't seem to help. Talking to my VAR didn't help.
Retrieving data ...