4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2014 8:17 PM by Kelef Man

H/V snap in 3d sketch

Oscar Roldan

In solidworks 2014, I am not able to activate H/V snap while on 3d sketch. ( the button is gray, disabled). While in 2d sketch it works fine.

Any solutions for this?

• Re: H/V snap in 3d sketch
          Jan Forkovic

Hi,

I think in 3D sketch is only "along x", "along y", "along z" relations allowed instead of H/V (horizontal/vertical ?). In SW2013 of course. I do not know how it is in SW2014.

Oscar Roldan

Well, if its true, that  sucks, such a basic and handful feature disabled, I dont get it ,why that is not posible??

Glenn Schroeder

Oscar Roldan wrote:

Well, if its true, that  sucks, such a basic and handful feature disabled, I dont get it ,why that is not posible??

I'm not sure why, but it may be related to the fact that when working with a 3d sketch the model may be rotated at any different angle, where it would be easy to get confused over what's up or down.  Also, since it's a 3d sketch, there is no "Normal to" such as there is with a 2d sketch.  With "along x", etc. it's pretty easy to glance down at the triad graphic at the lower left corner of the screen when creating relations to get oriented.  Having these relations instead of horizontal or vertical isn't a problem when you get more familiar with working with 3d sketches.

Kelef Man

hei'ya guys, my 2cents,

if you have quick snaps enabled

I think you can get H/V in the chosen parallel planes,

but it is not modal- on or off-

it's for each line as required

have a good'n- kelef