1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 7:36 AM by Brian McEwen

Grab files from a state when files from another state transition out.

Melissa Mills

I have created a voting system for approvals with an automatic transition out after all required approvals have been obtained.  The .pdf and .slddrw need to go to that state and I would like the .sldprt and .sldasm files to go to another state.  However, when the .pdf and .slddrw transitions out of the approval state I would like to somehow grab the .sldprt and.sldasm files and transition those out automatically as well.  Anyone know a way this can be done?

• Re: Grab files from a state when files from another state transition out.
          Brian McEwen

Well since the .slddrw is the parent of the parts and assemblies they should come up in the Change State window. 

If the transition names are identical (even though going to different destination states) then they can all be selected and state changed at once. 

FYI I think most folks keep part, assy and drawing files in the same states, so you might want to reconsider that extra complexity.  Once you split them apart any further transitions will either need to have identical names, or be run separately.