21 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2018 12:33 PM by Jason Kangas

Mates disappearing...Constantly having to redo them.

Anthony Macke

Has anyone ever ran into an assembly they were trying to mate together and your mates constantly disappear?

It's pretty much a shaft assembly with mostly concentric, coincident and parallel mates to lock each part in.

I get a few parts into it, something happens, and I look at the couple parts I just got done mating and they're all undefined. Mates for that part/those parts are gone, not suppressed, but gone.

Normally after I insert the mates for a second time they stick and I have no further issues, but there have been a few instances where I am up to re-mating a part 3 times.

I have been paying extra attention to making sure I am not just getting in the "zone" and forgetting to confirm my mates or something silly like that, but have no come up with anything.

Right now my assembly has approx 130 parts. Most are hardware and come from patterns.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I've also noticed my mates numbers are completely off the wall. Don't know if that even means anything, but for example, my concentric mates jump from the 600's to the 6,000's

Capture.PNG