3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 10:07 PM by Glenn Schroeder

Broken Views

Jeff Mirisola

Scenario: I create a broken view and dimension the break lines. I then create projected views from said broken view. I then realize I need to reposition my break lines, which I do. Now I have two choices, dimension the break lines in the projected views or redo the projected views. My question (Matt) is why don't the break lined automatically update? Did I miss a setting somewhere? If so, why wouldn't the setting be chosen automatically?

• Re: Broken Views
          Jeremy Feist

right click on the projected view, select properties, and in the lower right, check the property for lining up break lines with parent.

(I have no idea why this is not the default)

Jeff Mirisola

That is completely annoying. If you create a projected view off of a broken view, wouldn't it stand to reason that you'd want the breaks to line up? 

Sadly, after your post a very dim bulb came on letting me know that I had known this at one time.

Glenn Schroeder

Jeremy,

I agree that it would make more sense for the child view's breaks to be aligned with those of the parent by default.  As long as we have the ability to go into the view's properties and break the link (although I can't think of a reason off the top of my head why anyone would want to, I'm sure there is one).