1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 12:45 PM by Jeff Mirisola

What gives with the previous applied "mates"???

rusty drake

I have an electrical connector in an assembly and it (the connector) is fully defined.  Let's call it part "X".

Now, as I look at the portrayal of part "X", I realize (even though it isn't necessary in this particular assembly) that if this connector had the appropriate strain relief in place, it would look much better as a visual than just the connector itself being shown.

So I create a simple 2 part assembly with the connector (part "X") and the strain relief (let's call it part "Y").  Now, going back to the big assembly, I find the connector (part "X") in the feature tree and do the "replace component" function, choose the "XY" subassembly and swap.

What I can't understand is the every mate that was put on part "X" is now lost, even though part "X" is within the subassembly.  Maybe I should have brought the strain relief into the main assembly, defined it in place and then created the "subassembly" from there.

I see the "reattach mates" check box but this doesn't seem to do the "complete" set of mates applied.

Comments anyone?