6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 8:49 AM by Santiago Abascal

Boundary surface

Santiago Abascal

Hello.

I am making a boundary surface between two surfaces, i dont have any problem at all selecting the "direction 1" the problem comes when i select the "direction 2" it marks an "error" and i dont know why, i checked all the constraints and i think they are ok.

I hope someone could help me.

Thanks a lot!

• Re: Boundary surface
          Mark Biasotti

Hi Santiago,

If you zoom in closely you will see that your 1st direction curve on the right side does not touch the surface edge of the second direction that you are trying to select.

Regards

Mark

Tom dunn

Hi Santiago, I created a surface for the door but I made my surface a bit shorter than what you are trying to do. See the image attached. I have red in the areas I would eliminate from this boundry surface as you can see. I also attached my model but not sure what version sw you are running. I have 2013. Tom

UPDATED: in the image-2 shows your boundry surface. The top edge shown with arrows is not specified as a boundry. Your surface goes straight from the red dot to the other red dot and does not follow the 3 surfaces.

Santiago Abascal

Hello Tom

Sorry to answer this late, i have the 2012 version of solidworks and i cant run your model. Just to make a little more clear, you create two new planes and you delete the red area, and then you did the boundary surface again?

Thanks a lot!

Tom dunn

What I did, if I remember was to hide the surface you created, then I made two new planes one shown on the dot on the left in image 2 and another on the dot on the right same image. I then created new sketch's on each of the planes.

For the top of the door I just I created a 3d sketch and used convert entities. So the sides and top sketch's are completed.

Now for the bottom. I again created a 3d sketch and used convert entities. I then had to use the split entities command. I purposely split the line away from the plane deleted the short section. and then added a relation with the endpoint of the line and the plane. Created the surface and done.

I hope this helps. Tom.