1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2014 8:35 AM by Steve Zema

Issue with EPDM Template

Steve Zema

Calling All EPDM Gurus,

Can anyone assist me is what to do about an issue.

I have created a template in EPDM for our engineering changes, then created an Excel spreadsheet form.  I have linked all the variables between the two, but form some reason, the character length in the template will not transfer to the excel form.  Worse yet, when I check out the change form and correct the description, I check it back in and the template changes to the original text in the template (see attached PDF).

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Zema

• Re: Issue with EPDM Template
          Steve Zema

Hello all,

Since no one had any suggestions, I will tell you why this is from my investigations.

Apparently, the text block you create in the template follows the excel parameters of 256 character length.  This doesn't apply to the excel form in which when you merge & center cells so that the text exceeds 256 characters. Even though you can go beyond 256 in either the template or the excel form, when you save it, they seem to clash and revert to the original excel 256 character limit.

The only work around I could come up with is to not add a editible text box in the EPDM template, and just fill in the information into the excel form.  Hopefully the gurus at SolidWorks will fix this.

Thanks,

Steve Zema