AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to save SW drawings to PDF in bulk?

Question asked by Ashish Sharma on Apr 7, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2019 by Ravi Chandra Verma

Hello all,

I'm having a problem to save the SW drawings to PDF in bulk. Hope you can help me.
Apologies if I'm explaining it in too much detail.
So the problem goes like this:

Consider I have a couple of SW files in a folder with all the assembly, part and drawing files, so I need to save the drawings to PDF and so far I had to do it manually by opening up each file and saving it to pdf.

Later on, I got a macro to save the drawings to pdf and I have added it to my toolbar but still I have to open up the drawing then click the macro button.

Well I want to automate this entire process. I know it can be done with Task Scheduler but there are some problems I'm facing with the task scheduler as well :

1. Task Scheduler Print Command

First way to saving the drawings to PDF is print them using a PDF printer (like Adobe Acrobat) through Task scheduler.

Problem. : I use A2 paper size for my drawings and I can't get A2 in the print setup of task scheduler. I made every change in control panel > printer properties but it is still not showing A2 paper size in Task scheduler Print setup options

2. Running a custom task in Task scheduler

Well I think we can run a Macro using "run custom task" which will then save the PDF files in bulk.

Problem: I have a pdf macro (which I explained in the beginning) but that doesn't let me perform such action in bulk using "run custom task".

I'm new to macros and not sure how to write such a macro which can perform this action.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks all in advance.

Ashish

Outcomes