6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2007 11:08 PM by Bruce Cox

Dual Monitor Question

Alex Lerch
      Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to undock thedesign tree area from the drawing window so that I can put the treeon one monitor and display my model on the other (I am guessing nobut I am hopeful I have just missed a check box somewhere)

Thanks for any help anyone can provide

Alex
        • Dual Monitor Question
          Mark Matthews
          No it is not possible to do this.  It certainly would be anice feature to have.
            • Dual Monitor Question
              James Canney
              I would like to chime in for this feature as well, I have also just found out that you can dock and undock the SW task pane on the right hand side as well, so the programming must be able to cope with it.

I feel an enhancemant request coming on.
                • Dual Monitor Question
                  Alex Lerch
                  Thanks kindly for the input,

I have submitted an enhancement request under User interface andhope others who think this would be useful will too.

Alex
                    • Dual Monitor Question
                      Tim Hansen
                      I am running dual monitors and was dissapointed to find out that SolidWorks could only work on both screens when you set the graphics card to span both monitors. I feel this is not the ideal solution.

I previously had been using Pro-E with dual monitors at another job. In Pro-E it was possible to drag a file to the other screen and have Pro running on both monitors. All you had to do was hit CTRL-A to activate the screen you were using.

Again, I was dissapointed to find out you could only take advantage of one screen.

I see that Mark is using Pro-E as well (I assume with two monitors). What are your thoughts on this?

Tim
                        • Dual Monitor Question
                          Mark Matthews
                          In Pro I use my smaller monitor to keep things like the viewmanager and references query windows out of the graphics area. In SW I drag the Task pane over there and as many of the PWwindows as are still free to move over there.  For PhotoShop,I keep my layer, channel, history and action tool bars over there. SW needs to be able to have every pallet and window beable to be moved, or kept open as you please.  I want thefeature manager to be movable and torn off, as well as theProperties manager without them blocking each other.  Thiswould avoid what others have called "Scroll Works". 
                            • Dual Monitor Question
                              Bruce Cox
                              In Inventor the tree can move to the other window. but then you had to click to activate it before you could pick inside it. that was such a hassle i moved it back.

there is plenty of room with a wide screen.

Once i drug the task plane around in different positions and somehow got the dividing bar in the library all the way to the top. it almost disapears... when i went to library later the tree was gone. just one big empty window. took a while to figure it out.