1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 4:18 PM by Jared Conway

How to input dependency between max sheath temp and wattage?

Qi Hongming

We have one electric process heater ( this is similar to tube-shell exchanger, only output constant heat flux by tube),fluid is air, which is pumped into heater at constant temp and presure, Heater wattage is from 0-100% adjust, example full wattage is 100Kw, I want to simluate watt increase by steps (such as 5KW), If the maximum temp of tube is up to 200C, the simulation is finished, I want to know how to input dependency between max tube temp and wattage by flow simulation?

• Re: How to input dependency between max sheath temp and wattage?
          Jared Conway

1. simulate watt increases, you can do this with multiple steady state simulations at different wattages or you could run a transient analysis to look at changing over time

2. finish when a value hits 200degC, this is not possible, the software completes simulations when convergence is acheived

3. dependency between max temp and wattage, i'm not sure what you're looking for here

4. potentially you may want to look at the on/off dependency to have the wattage act like a thermostat but i'm not really sure in the long run what you're looking to do