I attached a part file as well as an assembly file to show the bug.
A facet near a split cannot be set to a color that will propagate at the assembly level.
This is a simple case to illustrate...
- I create a new part... a simple cube.
- I create a planar surface to cut the cube in half. (Split Feature)
- I hide one of the two half.
- I set the color of the remaining body to white. (At body level)
- I set one of its facet red.
- If i do a final rendering, everything looks fine.
- Then i create a new assembly.
- Import the part.
- Do a final rendering.
- The part is still white but the red facet remains "body basic color" so it shows white instead of red.
Is this a bug ?...
I have Solidworks 2011 and yes i turned the part arround to make sure the red facet wasn't hidden.