AnsweredAssumed Answered

Wraps & Component Reference for Tag labels

Question asked by Marty Winters on Mar 30, 2014

I have a multiple instances of the the same valve (part) that I use in an assembly.  I want do display a unique tag number on each valve in an assembly, ideally as if it is a printed label on the valve (white, rectangular background with black letters that can be applied to a flat or curved surface of the valve).  I am thinking that I would create one or more Wraps at the part level with Text linked to the Component Reference.  However, I am running into problems:

1. Is there a better method for this seemingly common application? (Decals seem appropriate but I don't see a way to make the text linkable to a part property.)
  2. My wrap fails if I try to include the tape (rectangular white background) due to doubly nested contours (text within rectangle, holes within text ("d")).  Do I have to make 2 wraps?
  3. Can I link the text to the Component Reference?  Not sure it exists at the part level.  If it does, how do set the text link to it?
  4. Is there a method for making a tag label as block or part that could be applied to parts easily?

Thanks,

Marty

Outcomes