4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 1:46 PM by Tom dunn

Adrian Whyte

• Re: Surfacing- Classico Kettle
          Matt Hendey

This was most likely created from an artist rendering so do the same. Take a picture with nothing in the background and try to identify and define the individual features. You may be best off and drawing contour lines on the picture. Also if you try to model this with solid premitives model it without the handle, spout, and switch first. You may find the solution is simpler then it looks.

Good luck!

Tom dunn

Hi Adrian, Do you have the kettle in front of you, or just pictures? If you have the kettle start taking some measurements. Measure the very bottom diameter.  Sketch circle on the top plane centered on the origin. Offset a plane from the top plane at a distance equal to the total height of the kettle. It looks like the part can be made symmetrically so only one half of the kettle could be modeled then mirrored. Do you need to make this with surfacing or can you use solid modeling?   Tom

John Burrill

Adrian, why do you have to model it?

Tom dunn

I threw this together without knowing any dimensions, just from looking at your picture.  Tom

I did bring in your picture as a sketch picture but without knowing any sizes I can't scale the picture up or down. A view of the kettle from the top and the side at near 90 would be great. The sketch with the picture is hidden (sketch2) unhide this to see the "sketch picture3"