3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2014 11:09 AM by Tim Webb

How to exclude @tab for a search?

Fernando diaz

I'm doing searches in EPDM 2014 but the results include @ tab fields, how can I exclude this?

• Re: How to exclude @tab for a search?
          Brian McEwen

I would like to hear an answer to this also. I'm guessing it is not going to be easy. It willl probably require changing your data card design, or your workflows, or standing on your head or something. 

EPDM seems quite lame when it comes to not-equal-to searches.  As far as I can tell you can only run that on the Data Card Variables. In fact, one of the big selling points of EPDM is the search tools, but they are rather disappointing once you leave the very narrow beaten path. 

Somewhat related issues: 

Re: Search in (not equal state) !=state name

Re: Searching EPDM for value not equal to ....

I imagine your issue has some additional difficulties.

Arie Van Gelderen

Hi guys,

Currently, this doesn't seem possible. I am having the same problem, so I have sumitted this ER:

SPR 779341     Add option to exclude @ configuration from search results

Please have your companies attached to this enhancement request. Then it will be implemented sooner.

Arie

Tim Webb

The only way I've managed around this is to use either an EPDM report or an SQL query. The EPDM report below came from Joy Garon on a forum thread a long time ago and not sure which one but its on here somewhere. But the kudos go to her for her expertise.

Hope this does the trick.

Tim CEPA

http://www.equivaq.com

EPDM Report - Save this content into a file called "DocumentsandConfigsByVariableValue.crp" and run the report using the EPDM Report Generator

/*******************                        ********************/

@[DocumentsandConfigsByVariableValue]

§Name [Documents and Config containing variable value]

§Company [Joy Garon - SolidWorks]

§Description

[This query lists all documents and configuration that use the specified variable value]

§Version [1.1]

§Arguments

[

String   VariableName [N] [Enter variable names. Use "%" for wildcard. E.g. "Desc%" or "%Desc%"]

String   VariableValue [N] [Enter variable value to seach for. Use "%" for wildcard. E.g. "200%" or "%200%"]

]

§Sql

[          

SELECT Projects.Path AS [Folder Path], Documents.Filename AS [File Name], DocumentConfiguration.ConfigurationName AS [Configuration Name], VariableValue.ValueText AS [Variable Value on Datacard]

FROM  Documents INNER JOIN

DocumentsInProjects ON Documents.DocumentID = DocumentsInProjects.DocumentID INNER JOIN

DocumentRevisionConfiguration ON Documents.DocumentID = DocumentRevisionConfiguration.DocumentID INNER JOIN

DocumentConfiguration ON DocumentRevisionConfiguration.ConfigurationID = DocumentConfiguration.ConfigurationID INNER JOIN

VariableValue ON Documents.DocumentID = VariableValue.DocumentID AND DocumentConfiguration.ConfigurationID = VariableValue.ConfigurationID INNER JOIN

Variable ON VariableValue.VariableID = Variable.VariableID INNER JOIN

Projects ON DocumentsInProjects.ProjectID = Projects.ProjectID

WHERE (Variable.VariableName LIKE {VariableName}) AND (VariableValue.ValueText LIKE {VariableValue}) AND (Documents.Deleted = 0) AND (DocumentRevisionConfiguration.RevisionNo = Documents.LatestRevisionNo)

AND ConfigurationName NOT LIKE '@'

]

/*******************                        ********************/

SQL Query - Run this in your SQL Server Management Studio

SELECT Projects.Path AS [Folder Path], Documents.Filename AS [File Name], DocumentConfiguration.ConfigurationName AS [Configuration Name], VariableValue.ValueText AS [Variable Value on Datacard]

FROM  Documents INNER JOIN

DocumentsInProjects ON Documents.DocumentID = DocumentsInProjects.DocumentID INNER JOIN

DocumentRevisionConfiguration ON Documents.DocumentID = DocumentRevisionConfiguration.DocumentID INNER JOIN

DocumentConfiguration ON DocumentRevisionConfiguration.ConfigurationID = DocumentConfiguration.ConfigurationID INNER JOIN

VariableValue ON Documents.DocumentID = VariableValue.DocumentID AND DocumentConfiguration.ConfigurationID = VariableValue.ConfigurationID INNER JOIN

Variable ON VariableValue.VariableID = Variable.VariableID INNER JOIN

Projects ON DocumentsInProjects.ProjectID = Projects.ProjectID

WHERE (Variable.VariableName LIKE 'Description') AND (VariableValue.ValueText LIKE '%PART%') AND (Documents.Deleted = 0) AND (DocumentRevisionConfiguration.RevisionNo = Documents.LatestRevisionNo)

AND ConfigurationName NOT LIKE '@'