2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 8:47 AM by Rodney Michels

Link to Property

Rodney Michels

All,

I was wonder if anyone has ever came across a task like this one.  I would like to apply something like a "Link to Property" to a drawing template that would read the part\assembly units.  Today, we have one drawing template and within it I have a "Link to Property" for the weight of the file. This is nothing new, I am sure everyone does this.  One thing that was asked of me to do was put "lb" within that annotation to depict "pounds".  That was well and good, but now we have been doing some work with customers that would want to see "kg" on it instead.

I really dont want to make two templates, what I would like to do is find some type of "Link to Property" that would read the models "Units" and display that in that field. 

If you have not ideas how to make that work, no big deal.  I might look at something in the API to handle it if I cant figure anything else out.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• Re: Link to Property
          Jeremy Feist

add a property in the part file (and part template?) called "mass units" or something similar and link the end of your note to that property. you will still need to set it manually in the part file, but your drawing would be automatic.

• Re: Link to Property
              Rodney Michels

At first glance this suggestion didn't appeal to me.  I really want to take the manual operation out of this.  But as I thought about it, I already have two part templates, one Inch and one Metric.  I can see this working for us for now until I find something more automatic.

Thanks for the advice Jeremy!