4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 6:00 AM by Lope Timajo

Custom hole wizard

Phil Stout
      Is there any way to add new hole types in the hole wizard? I would like to add center drilled holes with standard sizes i.e. #1-#6.
      Thanks in advance.
        • Re: Solution S-032182
          Alin Vargatu

From Knowledgebase: First, users need to create their own standard (copied standard) so that they will be able to add their own dimensions. Once this has been done, Select # 2 "Customize hardware". Select the hole to modify. Here there is the "+" icon at the top left of the table. Just select it and fill the dimensions fields.

So... go to Tools/Options/Hole Wizard/Toolbox/ Configure

tb config.jpg

Copy Standard:

Copy Standard.jpg

Add hardware:

add hardware.jpg

Lope Timajo

Is this available to primitive versions of SW? like 2007? Thanks.

Lope Timajo

I have basically the same problem. I wanted to add a Hole type in the Hole wizard hole. I have used the configure data on Tools>Options>Hole Wizard/Toolbox>Configure>Configure data. But I can only add size to pre-existing hole type. I cannot add a new hole type, say for example JIS parallel pipe tap. What I did was, copy JIS standard, named it JIS+, and add size to tapered pipe tap under Hole Wizard holes with the parallel type parameters. Please help. Thanks.

• Re: Custom hole wizard
                Lenny Bucholz

Phil Stout wrote:

Is there any way to add new hole types in the hole wizard? I would like to add center drilled holes with standard sizes i.e. #1-#6.
                Thanks in advance.

not really because there is no profile for a center drill, the closest would be calling it a spot drill.

you can make a library feature of each of the sizes and drag, drop and place and then pattern or whatever you need to do to put them in your locations.