5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 8:59 PM by Jerry Steiger

Alter dimension font sizes in drawings but not sketches

Mike Simonetta

I am wondering if there is the option to increase the size of the dimension font sizes in drawings but leave them the same when editing sketches. I ask this because when I have imported Model Items (dimensions) into a drawing from its corresponding sketch the dimension values appear so small that you cannot see them unless you zoom in a whole lot. Perhaps I am not inserting the dimensions properly..any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Re: Alter dimension font sizes in drawings but not sketches
          Glenn Schroeder

You can control the font of dimensions inserted manually in drawings at Tools > Options > Document Properties.  It's been a long time since I needed to adjust the dimension sizes in models, but while I assume they're the same it's possible that that setting is in System Options.  And I don't use Model Dimensions, but I would have assumed that they were controlled by the document settings in the drawing and not carry over from the model.  I'm at home now and don't have SW here, but if no one else helps in the meantime I'll try to check on it when I get to work in the morning.

Glenn Schroeder

Mike,

I just checked and I don't see any settings where Model Items would be a different font than what's specified for dimensions in Document Properties.  Assuming that your settings are correct there, I wonder if it could be a graphics card problem?  You might check that, and if that's not it, and no one else here offers any ideas, I would suggest getting your VAR involved.

Scott McFadden

Mike,

I have to ask, how big are the models you are creating?  I ask, because your text is going to appear huge if your part is the size of a pin.  Yet very small if your part is the size of a building.  There are standard text sizes for drawings.  Is this possible a scaling issue on the drawing?

Mike Simonetta

The drawings I create typically fit in a 200" x 300" area. I have tried to increase the font size of dimensions under Document Properties but when I set the font size to something that I can visually see without scaling in my drawing of my part this in turn creates massive sized dimension text when viewing my part and it's sketches. This greatly slows down my system. I need to achieve this because I export the drawing to .DXF and it contains a 'CUTME' layer and 'PENME' layer. These layers are used by our laser cutter but I now have been instructed to include a seperate 'DIMENSION' layer for our employee who runs the cutting machine to verify accuracy.