1 Reply Latest reply on May 2, 2014 2:41 PM by Ethan Kinney

GDI problem in SW 2013

Pablo Rohrssen

Since today, I´ve been getting a problem where SW recource monitor starts warning me about low rescources. SW works well for a while but will eventually crash.

I´ve figured out its due to SW not releasing GDI objects when closing parts/assemblies. I'm using windows 7, and couldn't find the registry option to up the limit from 10.000

I also saw that in SW2011 they introduced an option to have SW release the GDI objects when closing a window, as specified here: http://files.solidworks.com/swexpress/API_Tips/SWX040511_APItips.html

However, this isn't available in my version.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Re: GDI problem in SW 2013
          Ethan Kinney

I'm having the same issue here.

I'm running an external application that creates parts in Solidworks. Even though I save and close the part after building it, some residule GDI objects are not release. after a couple hundred parts the GDI approches the limit and I get a resource warning.

I can set up the program to restart solidworks when it encounters this error and it will release the GDI objects, but I would rather have a better solution in solidworks to handle this issue.

I'm looking for a similar solution to have the GDI objects released when a part window is closed.

If I find a solution I'll post it.

Cheers