3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 1:48 PM by Piotr Regula

How to insert and position parts and assemblies with data taken from excel table?

Luca Reggiani

Hello to all,

when I started drawing with autocad , I created a program with LISP that allowed you to "create" an assembly of a machine from the data entered from the keyboard (depending on the choices, the little program LISP, chose the blocks and inserted it in the correct position).

The machine was conceptually simple but by the time I had added many accessories that a lot of the complicated little program LISP ...

Now I would like to do a similar thing with my Swx12 , I would like to execute the choices and calculations of data from an excel sheet and then "ask" to SWX to "read" the cell of the excel sheet and then find and enter into assembly the parts and/or subassemblies indicated by the excel sheet.

I have already tried to understand the potential of DriveWorks, but I think it is not able to help me in this case (or that I can not figure out how to do),so I would discard this solution and then ask you how can I say to Swx12 the following commands:

0) Create and open the assembly " assieme.sldasm ." (This step is not essential)

1) open this excel file "C:\folder123\excel-swx.xlsx".

2 ) look at cell B2 of sheet " sheet1 " the file path of the part or subassembly to be included (eg \\server2012\Disc J\Drawings\P1_021_02_\P1_021_02_013\P1_021_02_013.SLDASM).

3 ) look at cell C2 of sheet " sheet1 " the X-axis distance from the center of "assieme.sldasm" from the middle part or subassembly in cell B2.

4 ) look at cell D2 of sheet " sheet1 " Y-axis distance from the center of "assieme.sldasm" from the middle part or subassembly in cell B2.

5 ) look at cell E2 of sheet " sheet1 " Z-axis distance from the center of "assieme.sldasm" from the middle part or subassembly in cell B2.

6) insert and fixed in that position the part or subassembly of cell B2.

back to step 2 and repeat with a reference to row 3, re-starting from B3 ... D3 , E3, ... insert and fixed ...

back to step 2 and repeat with a reference to row 4, re-starting from B4 ... D4 , E4, ...

Continue until you find written "end" in column B.

You could show me how to do to make this connection between SWX12 and Excel2007?

PS: Unfortunately I do not have any preparation with the API, and I know very little VBA, so I ask you a lot of patience and a lot of concrete examples