3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2014 2:19 PM by J. Mather

Dimensioning

Ken G.

Hello All,

I know I did not do this correct, so that's why I'm here.  Can someone please help me in dimensioning this attached bracket drawing? I never have done this before as you can tell.  Thanks a million in advance.

KenJG

SW 2013 Prem 64-bit

• Re: Dimensioning
          J. Mather

I found two lines in this area.

When I deleted one of them (X) and dragged point (circle) there was another (zero length) line.

I did not see any dimensions in Sketch1, yet distances were exact?  How did that happen?

Did you delete the dimensions? Why?

Zero Length Line.PNG

Ken G.

Hello J,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I looked and did not see an extra line as you stated.  The dim between the two main lines are the outer radius minus the inner radius, I think this is what you might be treffering to?  If you look at the main drawing it might help better understand how I thought to dim this part, I'm sure this is not correct wat to do this.  Not sure if a machinist would understand the dims on the drawing. 

The way I created this part was a full circle and then cut-out 3/4 of the circle to get the drawing at hand.

Regards

KenJG

J. Mather

Ken G wrote:

I looked and did not see an extra line as you stated. 

KenJG

You must have not understood my instructions.

Delete the line at the red x.

Now drag the endpoint of the arc towards the right as shown and you will find that there was a zero length line at that point.  This sort of thing can cause major problems that are extremely difficult to diagnose.

Dimension your sketch.  Why did you delete the sketch dimensions?