5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 8:58 AM by John Hockings

Help saving workspace/interface.

John Hockings

Hi I'm a new draftsight user.  I have arranged my workspace with the layout which suits me, with the tools I want etc.  Somehow I have managed to save this as a profile, but the whole process of opening the software, going to Tools/Options/Profiles and then activating the profile is a pain when I have to do it every time.  Surely there is a more simple way to just save the arrangement I have at the moment so that it becomes my default and automatically opens all my drawings files into the same screen layout?

Thanks for your help.  I couldn't find a way of doing this anywhere on the web.

John

• Re: Help saving workspace/interface.
          Scott McFadden

John,

Welcome to the forum.

What you need is something like copy settings wizard for SW.  Take a look at this link.

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=331354

John Hockings

Thanks for the help Scott.  I can export the User profile I set up.  My real problem is that I have to do a three or four step process every time I open Draftsight to open my profile/settings.  What I'd like to be able to do is to have my user profile saved as the default opening profile.  Do you know it it's possible?

cheers

John

Ian Worrall

John Hockings wrote:

Hi I'm a new draftsight user.  I have arranged my workspace with the layout which suits me, with the tools I want etc.  Somehow I have managed to save this as a profile, but the whole process of opening the software, going to Tools/Options/Profiles and then activating the profile is a pain when I have to do it every time.  Surely there is a more simple way to just save the arrangement I have at the moment so that it becomes my default and automatically opens all my drawings files into the same screen layout?

Thanks for your help.  I couldn't find a way of doing this anywhere on the web.

John

Once your profile is activated, simply delete the default one, leaving yours as the only profile.

Also, be sure to export your profile to somewhere safe, in case an update overwrites it.