2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 4:15 AM by Ian Worrall

How can I install 2 different versions of SolidWorks with 2 different serial numbers onto the same computer?

John Carrano

I've done a lot of searching around on the internet to answer this question and have found a few leads but nothing conclusive. I have SolidWorks Standard 2013 which I use for work, and I would like to install the educational version of SolidWorks 2013 onto the same computer to use for school (I need photoview360 and Flow Simulation for one of my classes so I can't just use my commercial version). I asked my professor for help and he had never encountered a student already having a commercial version installed so he suggested I just use to school computers since they have to educational version installed already. This would work but is incovenient.

Based off of research I've done, it looks like it might be possible to either edit the registry or use Windows XP mode to accomplish this. I have zero experience with doing either of those things so if someone wouldn't mind walking me through how to do this step by step and what the pros and cons of each option are, or if they'll even work, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.