7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2014 3:08 PM by Martin Bate

Centrelining Holes ONLY.

Martin Bate

Hi Everyone,

I have chosen to reupload a description of the issues I am having with SolidWorks. Thanks for the time taken to make replies to this post already, but the answers were not quite what I was hoping for.

Attached is a new image, hopefully, fully describing what I am trying to achieve.

Please bare in mind that this is a very small example of steelwork, some of my assemblies are hundreds of parts, so manually adding all the centrelines to possibly hundrends of holes, and manually deleting all the centrelines to possibly hundreds of radii, is a very lengthy process.

Again, any input to this issue is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Martin 

P.S. Sorry for lengthy description, but it seems to be a complex issue.

• Re: Centrelining Holes ONLY.
          Glenn Schroeder

I don't know of any way to make that distinction automatically.  I just add the centerlines to the holes with the Centerline function on the Annotations toolbar.

Manish Kumar

This may help.

Untitled.png

Martin Bate

Hi Manish,

thank you for your reply to my post. I have just changed the description of the query. Hope the new description is more accurate to what I am trying to achieve. If you could take a look at the new description and see what you think.

Kind Regards

Martin

Manish Kumar

Please go through the image posted by me. The highlighted section controls the center-marks of various part features, like fillet, holes, etc.

You need to set this option in your drawing template(or drawing document) so that desired center-marks will come automatically when you create a drawing view of your assembly.

Additionally upload sample part file(used in your discription).

Martin Bate

Hi Manish,

I did understand your post prior to this one which prompted me to upload a new description of what I was trying to achieve. Putting centremarks or centrelines of fillets is not what I am trying to accomplish. Centrelines/Centremarks of radii are irrelevent to anyone looking at drawings in fabrication. They are never used in reference dimensions and clutter the drawings unnecessarily.

I am trying to centre mark/centre line the holes ONLY, as stated in the post title.

Hope this helps with explaining what I am looking at doing.

Thanks again for your time to try and help, but again, not the answer I was hoping for.

Kind Regards

Martin

Martin Bate

Hi Guys,

seems like this is a complicated one. If it is even possible, I might have to go back to starting my library using Splines as radii again....YAWN.

Thanks so much for the recomendations. I will be moving this chat to the API section as suggested.

Kind Regards

Martin