2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 9:42 AM by Derrick Leblanc

How to "Select All" in the FeatureManager Design Tree?

Derrick Leblanc

Hey there. I have a very simple question... Almost embarrassing to ask this because I can't seem to figure out a solution to this seemingly simple problem...

I have uploaded a photo illustrating what exactly I'm trying to do. I apologize for the crudeness. I have a model I am trying to scale, and it consists of 2481 surfaces. At first I thought it wouldn't be too bad trying to select all of these to put into the "Solid and Surface or Graphic Bodies to Scale" box for the Scale PropertyManager window. I tried to look for a "Select All" option in the Featuremanager Design Tree, but I couldn't find any by right-clicking, etc. I want to select all 2,481 surfaces and put it into that little window for the Scale feature, so I tried drag selecting (and before that, clicking each individual one) which quickly became tedious. But the tedium isn't the problem; it's the fact that I don't want to miss any one of these surfaces for scaling. I want to scale the entire object uniformly, not a few individual parts. And of course, if you drag/box select over already-selected surfaces, it would de-select them. My problem would all go away if I just had a "select all" option on this window... I tried holding shift to drag select, ctrl, and doing ctrl + A, but it wouldn't select them. I know it seems like a trivial task... Was just wondering if a simple fix exists? Thank you, I appreciate the responses!

PS: I mean, if the only option is to drag select and select all 2481 surfaces, that's fine I guess. It shouldn't be too much of a problem; more of an annoyance, really. The solution would be useful for future reference, too. Once again, thank you for the responses.

Select All Image.jpg