AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to "Select All" in the FeatureManager Design Tree?

Question asked by Derrick Leblanc on Feb 21, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 by Derrick Leblanc

Hey there. I have a very simple question... Almost embarrassing to ask this because I can't seem to figure out a solution to this seemingly simple problem...

I have uploaded a photo illustrating what exactly I'm trying to do. I apologize for the crudeness. I have a model I am trying to scale, and it consists of 2481 surfaces. At first I thought it wouldn't be too bad trying to select all of these to put into the "Solid and Surface or Graphic Bodies to Scale" box for the Scale PropertyManager window. I tried to look for a "Select All" option in the Featuremanager Design Tree, but I couldn't find any by right-clicking, etc. I want to select all 2,481 surfaces and put it into that little window for the Scale feature, so I tried drag selecting (and before that, clicking each individual one) which quickly became tedious. But the tedium isn't the problem; it's the fact that I don't want to miss any one of these surfaces for scaling. I want to scale the entire object uniformly, not a few individual parts. And of course, if you drag/box select over already-selected surfaces, it would de-select them. My problem would all go away if I just had a "select all" option on this window... I tried holding shift to drag select, ctrl, and doing ctrl + A, but it wouldn't select them. I know it seems like a trivial task... Was just wondering if a simple fix exists? Thank you, I appreciate the responses!

PS: I mean, if the only option is to drag select and select all 2481 surfaces, that's fine I guess. It shouldn't be too much of a problem; more of an annoyance, really. The solution would be useful for future reference, too. Once again, thank you for the responses.

Select All Image.jpg

Outcomes