CAREER OPPORTUNITY - TARGET GROUP OF COMPANIES
Team Mixing Technologies Inc.
Salmon Arm, BC
Mechanical Detailer – Contract Position 3-6 months
Reference Number: TM-MD
Team Mixing Technologies Inc. (Team) is a proud member of the Target Group of Companies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the QUIKRETE® Companies. Team specializes in manufacturing products for the mining and civil industries worldwide. Contributing almost fifty years of service to the mining industry, Team has created a new line of fully automated material handling systems. Cemented Rockfill Plants (CRF), and wet or dry mix Concrete Batch Plants, in addition to complex pumping and delivery systems are only part of our capabilities. Team develops concepts tailored for each project and has assembled an experienced and dedicated staff capable of design, fabrication, erection and commissioning of automated systems. Above all, Team provides complete project services, from engineering to hands-on training and supports its plants with full CAD documentation, electrical drawings, operating manuals and spare parts. Team’s head office is located in Abbotsford, BC however this position is to be based out of our Salmon Arm office.
We encourage a balanced lifestyle. We believe that by having a happy, healthy working environment, the whole community benefits.
We are a non-smoking environment
This is a contract position responsible for a Mechanical Detailing functions in our Salmon Arm location.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce mechanical detail drawings using SolidWorks drafting software
- Layout and design of various plants and equipment including silos, hoppers, steel structures and enclosures, belt conveyers and feeders, screw conveyers, dust collection systems, pneumatic conveying systems, slurry pumping systems, etc.
- Provide preliminary calculations, equipment sizing etc.
- Supply detail fabrication drawings
- Other duties as required and as assigned
Ideally candidates should have experience in Mechanical Detailing, preferably in the mining or aggregate industry. Experience using SolidWorks and AutoCAD is mandatory and a strong understanding of the engineering/manufacturing process is considered an asset. This would also be an excellent opportunity for a Co-op placement or a recent grad.
Candidates must have:
- Strong computer skills in MS Excel, Office, AutoCAD & SolidWorks
- Superior interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- The ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong communication skills in writing, spoken word, and email
- Technologist Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is an asset
- A high comfort level with web based applications
How to Apply
Applicants, who meet the above requirements and are interested in a contract role with a progressive and stable company, are invited to submit resume and cover letter via email. Please quote reference number: TM-MD.
We thank all applicants, however only those individuals under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.