2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 9:01 AM by Jacob Corder

API MacroFeature Security Function. Cannot Get MacroFeatureData Object.

Jacob Corder

I am writing an application using macrofeatures that is using a COM Server, not a vba macro. everything works great until i try to get the MacroFeatureData object in the security function. Once i call IFeature.GetDefinition, it recursiveley calls itself forever. whats the deal with that. according to the API Help, the security function can get the IMacrofeatureData Object from the supplied Feature Object.

I am assuming i have to tell it not to check for security all of the time but i have to set security based on some values stored in the MacroFeatureData Object.

i have this code in the function to allow temporary disabling of the feature but i really don't like it.

I am just checking the type of MacroFeature that i have defined, then i am seing if it is required as stored in the Parameters.

if it is required then i am returning swMacroFeatureSecurityOptions_e.swMacroFeatureSecurityCannotBeDeleted

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Dim DisableSecurity as boolean = false    

Dim SecurityCheck as integer = 0

Public Function Security(ByVal app As Object, ByVal modelDoc As Object, ByVal feature As Object) As Object Implements SolidWorks.Interop.swpublished.ISwComFeature.Security

Security = swMacroFeatureSecurityOptions_e.swMacroFeatureSecurityByDefault

If SecurityCheck > 1 And DisableSecurity = False Then

DisableSecurity = True

End If

If DisableSecurity = False Then

DisableSecurity = True

Dim MacFeatData As MacroFeatureData = feature.GetDefinition

DisableSecurity = False

SecurityCheck = 0

If IsNothing(MacFeatData) = False Then

Dim Req As String = "FALSE"

Dim FeatType As Integer

MacFeatData.GetIntegerByName(JEMFeatures.CFeatureType, FeatType)

If FeatType = JEMEnum.MacroFeatureType_e.Child Then

MacFeatData.GetStringByName(JEMFeatures.ChildRequired, Req)

If UCase(Trim(Req)) = "TRUE" Then

Return swMacroFeatureSecurityOptions_e.swMacroFeatureSecurityCannotBeDeleted

End If

End If

End If

Else

SecurityCheck = SecurityCheck + 1

End If

End Function

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Any ideas on a better way would be great.

• Re: API MacroFeature Security Function. Cannot Get MacroFeatureData Object.
          Jacob Corder

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendation for me on this?

• Re: API MacroFeature Security Function. Cannot Get MacroFeatureData Object.
              Jacob Corder

Ok so what i have done is in the COMServer that implements SwComFeature i have added a trigger to allow bypass of retrieval of the MacroFeatureData object

I have a boolean value in my MacroFeatureData object that is named "Required"

i have a local Variable Called DisableSecurityCheck this is what i set to true or false

I have a Local Variable Called RegenCalling and EditCalling which are set to true once the Edit function is called and when the Regen Function is called. they are returned to false once those functions are done.

During Normal Operation the security function will get called from Solidworks. beforei try to get the MacroFeatureData object, i set DisableSecurity to True. Once i get the macroFeatureData object i set it to False.

what this does is it stops solidworks from calling the Security Function Over and over indefinately.

This then allows me to set the feature as a non deleteable feature.

All of my MacroFeatures have a parent unless it is the parent feature. i check for this with Feature.GetownerFeature

Public Function Security(ByVal app As Object, ByVal modelDoc As Object, ByVal feature As Object) As Object Implements SolidWorks.Interop.swpublished.ISwComFeature.Security

Security = swMacroFeatureSecurityOptions_e.swMacroFeatureSecurityByDefault

If RegenCalling = False And EditCalling = False Then

If SecurityCheck > 2 Then

DisableSecurity = False

SecurityCheck = 0

End If

If DisableSecurity = True Then

SecurityCheck = SecurityCheck + 1

DisableSecurity = False

ElseIf DisableSecurity = False Then

Try

Dim Req As String = "False"

Dim FeatType As Integer = 0

'Set The Feature Obeject to Type of Feature

With TryCast(feature, Feature)

'Check to see if it is a child Feature

If IsNothing(.GetOwnerFeature) = False Then

'Disable Security to allow for getting the MacroFeatureData Object

DisableSecurity = True

'Get the MacroFeatureDataObject

With TryCast(.GetDefinition, MacroFeatureData)

'Get The FeatureType which is a stored value that i have added to the MacroFeatureData Object

.GetIntegerByName("COM Feature Type", FeatType)

'I have many MacroFeatureTypes

Select Case FeatType

Case MacroFeatureType_e.Child

'Check to see if it is Required

.GetStringByName("Required, Req)

Case MacroFeatureType_e.Appearance, MacroFeatureType_e.WaxFill

'These Features are always Required

Req = "TRUE"

End Select

End With

End If

End With

If UCase(Trim(Req)) = "TRUE" Then

'Set The Security to Non Deleteable

Security = swMacroFeatureSecurityOptions_e.swMacroFeatureSecurityCannotBeDeleted

End If

Catch Ex as Exception

Finally

'Ensure that the Security is set to False

DisableSecurity = False

SecurityCheck = 0

End Try

End If

End If

Return Security

End Function