AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solidworks flaky

Question asked by Denzil Searle on Feb 12, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 by Denzil Searle

Stuck on SW2010 SP0.0 here due to the huge subscription cost. I am getting thoroughly cheesed off with its strange behaviour and constantly falling over with complex models. There isn't enough space to go into all the problems, but I am trying to finish a part and have wated so many hours... It hides the first feature every few moves making the part invisible. It often just makes the part invisible for no apparent reason. A "System Maintenance" clearout with the RX tool fixes it for a while, until the next time. I've lost count of how many times I have restarted SW today. Apparently simple sketch-extrudes result in nonsense surfaces, and I have to keep trying to create the feature I want in several different different ways until I find one that works. Fillets don't work, it doesn't tell me why, and I have to keep trying different combinations at random until I get an awkward mish-mash that isn't too far from what I want.

So, simple question, honestly, are later versions of SW any more reliable? I might be able to make a case for an upgrade if I can actually do some work with it.

Outcomes