7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 11:22 AM by Joy Garon

Writing a Report that pulls Project Number and Description

Andrew Whiting

Hello,

I need to run a report that pulls all the Project Numbers and their Description out of our vault. I have not been able to write a query that has actually worked since I'm so new with this stuff. I've copied the code I've written in below.

@[ListAllProjects]

§Name [All currently defined Projects]

§Company [SolidWorks]

§Description

[This query will list all Project numbers and their description.]

§Version [1.1]

§Arguments

[

]

§Sql

[

SELECT P.Name as 'Project Name', W.Description as 'Project Description', P.Name as 'Project Number'

FROM Projects P, Projects P

WHERE W.InitialTransitionID = T.TransitionID And

W.WorkflowID != 1                                  /* Only include real WF  */

]

/*******************                        ********************/

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks, Andrew

• Re: Writing a Report that pulls Project Number and Description
          Charley Saint

Andrew,

Try this, you may need to adjust the description or the number to match your variable names:

SELECT P.Name as 'Project Name', vv1.ValueText as 'Project Description', vv2.ValueText as 'Project Number'

FROM Projects P

left outer join (select vv1.* from VariableValue vv1

inner join Variable v1 on v1.VariableID = vv1.VariableID and v1.VariableName = 'Description') vv1 on vv1.ProjectID = p.ProjectID

left outer join (select vv2.* from VariableValue vv2

inner join Variable v2 on v2.VariableID = vv2.VariableID and v2.VariableName = 'Number') vv2 on vv2.ProjectID = p.ProjectID

where p.ProjectID <> 2

• Re: Writing a Report that pulls Project Number and Description
              Andrew Whiting

Charley,

Thanks for the reply. So when I typed that out, and ran it, its looking like what I need. The issue is, its not pulling the description. Also, Its showing all the projects and the subfolders within the project. I just want it to pull the project number...the name of the root folder of each project...not the subfolders. I've attached the source code, and a screen shot of what the report looks like. Thanks again!

Andrew.

@[ListAllWorkflows]

§Name [All currently defined Workflows]

§Company [SolidWorks]

§Description

[This query will list all Workflows and the name of the first tranistion in each.]

§Version [1.1]

§Arguments

[

]

§Sql

[

SELECT P.Name as 'Project Name', vv1.ValueText as 'Project Description', vv2.ValueText as 'Project Number'

FROM Projects P

left outer join (select vv1.* from VariableValue vv1 inner join Variable v1 on v1.VariableID = vv1.VariableID and v1.VariableName = 'Description') vv1 on vv1.ProjectID = p.ProjectID

left outer join (select vv2.* from VariableValue vv2 inner join Variable v2 on v2.VariableID = vv2.VariableID and v2.VariableName = 'Number') vv2 on vv2.ProjectID = p.ProjectID

WHERE p.ProjectID <> 2                            

]

Here is what it looks like after its generated.

report.PNG

I only need project number or the "Name" of each. We have each project numbered, or in other words, each root folder is a number for each project.

Thanks