9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2014 9:20 AM by Jeff Wierengo

SW 2014 SP2

Bruce Bennett

SW2014 SP 2 why do parts become transparent when editing a part in an assembly?

• Re: SW 2014 SP2
          Glenn Schroeder

Check your setting at Tools > Options > System Options > Display/Selection.  About halfway down, in the "Assembly transparency for in context edit" section, choose "Maintain assembly transparency" from the drop-down.  At least that's in SW2013, I assume it's the same for SW2014.

Bruce Bennett

Sorry. Left out one thing. Editing after isolating components causes the transparency. Settings are as you had mentioned. Tried editing without isolating and tranparency doesn't occur.

John Burrill

Bruce, I noticed that the other day and I didn't connect it to the service pack.  I'm writing up an support request now, so as soon as I have the SPR, I'll post back here with an update.

Bruce Bennett

I found a work around. Under system options, Display / Selection, in the box "Assembly transparency for in context edit", I set the selection to "Force assembly transparency" and set the percentage to 0%. Now when I edit a component in an assembly, the other components do not go transparent.

Kelvin Lamport

Does the Opaque assembly option work OK?

What graphics card & driver is installed?

Does the SW Rx tool report errors?

Jeff Wierengo

I found this same work around but if the part I want to edit is transparent, it changes to opaque. Have you experienced this also and possibly found another work around so you can really "maintain assembly transparency"?

Jeff Wierengo

Bruce,

Just noticed something I haven't seen before. Not sure if it's new with 2014 but it seems to have helped the issue with transparency. There is a change transparency toggle button that shows up on the command manager when you edit a detail in context. (see picture for location) This only becomes available once you have a detail selected. When I clicked on this button the detail became transparent like I intended. I was able to return my system setting to "maintain assembly transparency" at put it at 0%. Now my assembly transparency stays the way it was whether I am in isolation mode or not. Hope this works for you also.

transparency.png

Chris Champions

yes, it really bothers me since upgrading to sw2014 - opaque assebly option doesn't work