Paul Hollendorfer

BOM does not regenerate properly

Discussion created by Paul Hollendorfer on Jan 18, 2007
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2007 by Ross Dickson
My first post in the SW forums.  I've looked for previousthreads involving this issue, but couldn't find one. Apologies if this has been covered.

I have several assembly drawings on which the BOM does notregenerate properly.  When opened, the BOM does not list thecorrect part number or description (when saved previously, thisinformation was displayed correctly.)   If the assemblyfile (sldasm) is opened, and the parts with the incorrectlydisplayed information are also opened, the BOM will repopulatecorrectly.  Again the drawing is saved, and when re-opened,these parts will again be incorrectly displayed in theBOM.  This only happens with hardware from the SWToolbox.

For example, our Socket Button Head Cap Screw contains about adozen or so configurations of this screw (differing sizes andlengths) organized by our in-house part numbers.  Allappropriate information in the configuration appears to be enteredcorrectly, since the BOM does populate correctly when initiallygenerated.  For some reason, upon re-opening the drawing, theBOM acts as if these configurations are not present.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Hollendorfer
Spectranetics.

Outcomes