11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 2:22 AM by Alexandre Gragnano

Macro Feature, SetSelections2 won't update the MacroFeatureData object

Jacob Corder

Hi. I'm having issues with replacing a selected face in my macro feature. I have a face that is selected and defines a features selected face similar to editing a 2d sketch's plane.

My code calls macrofeature.accessselections

Getselectedobjects

Replace the current face's selected object index with with the new face.

Setselectedobjects2

Macrofeature.modifydefinition

But it just doesnt work. I keeps the old selected face.

I can set selections to nothing and that updates but replacing that selectedobjects index fails.

Ill attach the code in the morning.

Thanks

• Re: Macro Feature, SetSelections2 won't update the MacroFeatureData object
          Jacob Corder

Ok. I was able to figure it out. The only reason why it wasnt working is that if i call MacrofeatureData.SetSelections2(SelObj,SelMarks,SelDrViews) it fails. But if I Call MacroFeatureData.SetSelections(SelObj,SelMarks) it works. so for some reason SetSelections2 does not work but SetSelections() does work.

so im just going to use the obsoleted api SetSelections()

Mohammed Elkalakhi

Hell Jacob,

I have the same problem, but even MacroFeatureData.SetSelections(SelObj,SelMarks) doesn't work for me,

Could you pass me a sample of your code to see how you resolve it.

Thank you in advance.

Jacob Corder

Basically all i am doing is looking for the current item, and replaceing it with  a new item. The thing that bothers me the most is that the objects must be an array of a specific type like Face2() or body2() i have tried using objects() but it also failed. so luckily i was only needing to use faces.

Dim SelDrawingViews As Object = Nothing

Dim SelMarks As Object = Nothing

Dim SelObj As Object = Nothing

Dim SelTypes As Object = Nothing

Dim SelReplaced As Boolean = False

ParFeatData.GetSelections3(SelObj, SelTypes, SelMarks, SelDrawingViews, Nothing)

If IsNothing(SelObj) = False And IsNothing(SelTypes) = False Then

For i = LBound(SelTypes) To UBound(SelTypes)

Select Case CType(SelTypes(i), swSelectType_e)

Case swSelectType_e.swSelFACES

If CurrentFeatureFace.IsSame(SelObj(i)) = True Then

SelObj(i) = NewFeatureFace

SelReplaced = True

End If

End Select

Next

If SelReplaced = True Then

Dim SelFaceObj() As Face2 = Nothing

Dim SelMarkInt() As Integer = Nothing

For i = LBound(SelObj) To UBound(SelObj)

If SelTypes(i) = swSelectType_e.swSelFACES Then

'This just calls a function that adds a face to an array of faces.

JEMArrays.AddFaceToFaceArray(SelFaceObj, TryCast(SelObj(i), Face2), True)

JEMArrays.AddIntegerToIntegerArray(SelMarkInt, CInt(SelMarks(i)), True)

End If

Next

'HERE IS THE ONLY WAY IT WORKS for me.

SelFaceobj is an array of faces

ParFeatData.SetSelections(SelFaceObj, SelMarkInt)

End If

End If

Mohammed Elkalakhi

Hello,

This is my code :

Public Sub EditMacroFeature()

Dim newSel As Object
                        Dim mark As Integer

Dim selObj, selTypes, selMarks As Object

Dim newSelObj() As DispatchWrapper
                        Dim newSelMarks() As Integer
                        Dim drViews() As View

Try

swFeatData.GetSelections3(selObj, selTypes, selMarks, Nothing, Nothing)

If newSel Is selObj(0) Then Exit Sub

selObj(0) = newSel
                            selMarks(0) = mark

ReDim Preserve newSelObj(0)
                            ReDim Preserve newSelMarks(0)
                            ReDim Preserve drViews(0)

newSelObj(0) = New DispatchWrapper(selObj(0))
                            newSelMarks(0) = selMarks(0)
                            drViews(0) = Nothing

swFeatData.SetSelections2(newSelObj, newSelMarks, drViews)

' I also tried this swFeatData.SetSelections(newSelObj, newSelMarks)

swFeature.ModifyDefinition(swFeatData, swDoc, swComponent)

Catch ex As Exception
                            Throw ex
                        End Try

End Sub

I dont see why this does not work ?

Please help me!

Jacob Corder

I dont think its working because your not chaning the selected objects. Your just passing the same parameters back. Try to send it a new selection. I think solidworks checks to see if the current objects are the same.

Jacob Corder

I was able to use the DispatchWrapper successfully this morning. however, it does not work with SetSelections2. It only works with SetSelections(). Thanks to Artem, i can now have many different selection types.

'If The Feature Face has changed then process it as follows.

If IsNothing(NewFeatureFace) = False Then

If ParFeatData.AccessSelections(ModDoc, Nothing) = True Then

ModDoc.ClearSelection2(True)

Dim SelDrawingViews As Object = Nothing

Dim SelMarks As Object = Nothing

Dim SelObj As Object = Nothing

Dim SelTypes As Object = Nothing

Dim SelReplaced As Boolean = False

ParFeatData.GetSelections3(SelObj, SelTypes, SelMarks, SelDrawingViews, Nothing)

If IsNothing(SelObj) = False And IsNothing(SelTypes) = False Then

For i = LBound(SelTypes) To UBound(SelTypes)

Select Case CType(SelTypes(i), swSelectType_e)

Case swSelectType_e.swSelFACES

If CurrentFeatureFace.IsSame(SelObj(i)) = True Then

SelObj(i) = NewFeatureFace

SelReplaced = True

End If

End Select

Next

If SelReplaced = True Then

Dim SelFaceObj(UBound(SelObj)) As DispatchWrapper

For i = LBound(SelObj) To UBound(SelObj)

SelFaceObj(i) = New DispatchWrapper(SelObj(i))

Next

ParFeatData.SetSelections(SelFaceObj, SelMarks)

End If

End If

End If

End If

Mohammed Elkalakhi

Now its work for me

I only need to add this line code :

swFeatData.AccessSelections(swDoc, swComponent)

before calling GetSelections3 method.

Thank you for your help

Alexandre Gragnano

Be careful to pass typed array to the method SetSelections2:

Take a look at Re: MacroFeature & PMPSelectionbox