3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 4:12 AM by Garth Walton

why wont my middle scroll mouse rotate anymore?

Garth Walton

i have been using my soldiworks alot , designing etc, i just booted it up today to do some design reviews and the bleeding scroll mouse wont rotate, i have installed new driver software for the mouse i have checked the mouse gestures in the command panel they seem unchecked in the rotate section are they supposed to be checked or what, it is driving me nuts!

• Re: why wont my middle scroll mouse rotate anymore?
          Josh Brady

Check your mouse properties.  Many drivers default to some setting other than "middle button" (like Smart Scroll or something) for pressing the scroll wheel.

Garth Walton

Thanks for your reply Josh, the crazy thing is i have been using Solidworks all the time no problem, next day boot up and bam the middle mouse dont rotate the part anymore, i went through the mouse properties nothing different in there , that is when i downloaded a specific driver for the particular mouse which is a wirelss logitech mouse, i found that windows defaults the mouse to an HID compliant mouse , but that didnt make any difference, i am at a loss at this stage 

Garth Walton

OK! so for those who may encounter this issue i have finally cracked it and it has to do with the windows mouse settings, mine is a logitech wireless mouse, and in the settings microsoft sets one of 2 default HID woreless mouse drivers, mine was mysteriously changed to the first of the 2 and after much farting around with installing an actual logitech driver for the specific mouse, and that not working as such i finally decided to select the 2nd HID compliant mouse driver and BAM the darn thing is working now , and so my woes are over thanks for all the help cyber warriors!