AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overwritten Parts in an Assembly

Question asked by Jonas Forster on Jan 28, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2019 by Ian Fitzner

Apperently, when creating a new part in an assembly, a surpressed part in a Folder with an identical default name is overwritten.

I was building an assemby, and creating parts in it. I had to create 2 different versions of an attachment, which attached to the same connector. I created the first attachment, with many of the parts being left with their default name (part1 in assembly1). Having finished one attachment, I surpressed it and continued working on the second, with again many of the new parts being given default names. After about a days work I surpressed attachment 2 and unsurpressed attachment 1.

Apperently, when creating a new part in an assembly, a surpressed part in a Folder with an identical default name is overwritten!!!!!!!!! Solidworks displayed an error, saying the surpressed part was not the same as a currently loaded part, but it would not load my original parts, instead overwrote them with the new parts, as seen in the Picture.

How do I get my original parts back? This was a days work, so there is no EPDM backup, only a saved assembly which produces a conflict when i try to unsurpress.

This is a definite bug.

Attachments

Outcomes