Unable to view the edrawing file which is saved as edrawing Html format. Sometimes display will not be there.
Is there any settings are there to view in chrome?
See this help topic where it says only a internet Explorer is supported.
I hope this helps,
Do you know why this is? It seems to have always been this way, but I don't know anyone that still uses IE. Asking someone to download Internet Explorer to view my file would be awfully embarrassing.
Hi ino this was posted in 2014 but i will shed some light for others reading or attempting this, edrawings uses ActiveX, this is a feature that only works with microsoft products, i am now having trouble getting IE to display it without having to change all my internet settings, this is because all modern browsers now do not allow ActiveX to run automatically for security reasons. ActiveX will be redundant soon as the new microsoft edge browser does not support it.
I am just wondering now if solidworks are currently looking at cross browser supported html files without the use of ActiveX as this will be the only solution to make html edrawing files easy to implement on a website that will be cross browser supported.
eDrawings 2019 can now write out to WebHTML format. This format can be opened in any HTML5 capable browser. You can see it in this video https://youtu.be/-pnQip7cLew Go to around the 50 second time mark.
The pre-existing eDrawings HTM format is still supported. It has been renamed to eDrawings ActiveX HTML file. There are many security issues related to IE and ActiveX controls. Microsoft is slowly phasing out ActiveX.
In order to get the eDrawings ActiveX HTML format to open you need the correct IE settings. Below are some suggestions.
***Check with your administrator before making any changes to your security settings****
Problem: Customer is attempting to load a eDrawings HTM file in 32-bit IE. Customer should use 64-bit IE
There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE. IE should automatically open the eDrawings HTM file in the correct version of IE but does not always do this. You can try opening your eDrawings HTM file directly in IE 64-bit. Double click on "C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" and then File -> Open select your eDrawings HTM file.
Problem: IE blocks loading ActiveX controls
1. Open IE 11 settings
2. Click on the Security tab
3. Click on the Local Intranet zone
4. Click on Custom Level...
5. Change settings to match the settings in the screenshot
Problem: When opening an eDrawings HTM file IE attempts to load the eDrawings 32-bit ActiveX control but fails. It should load the installed eDrawings 64-bit ActiveX control
2. Go to Advanced tab
3. Check the box for "Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced protected mode*"
4. UN-check the box for "Enable Enhanced protected mode*"
5. Select OK and close IE
6. Reboot your system
7. Try to open your eDrawings HTM file in IE.
Problem: ActiveX is blocked in your security zone. The following steps will allow you to run an ActiveX control that is installed on your local machine.
1. Press Windows key and type in regedit (requires administrative privileges)
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3. Press right-click mouse in the right pane
4. Select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value
5. Name it 2500
6. Give it a value of 0 (zero)
Problem: When IE is set to open files in a new tab IE attempts to open the eDrawings 64-bit ActiveX control in IE 32-bit
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
3. Set value of TabProcGrowth to 0
Note that this key may also be located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\TabProcGrowth
The following two problems happen when using a pre-release version of eDrawings
Problem: eDrawings download link is invalid. This can happen when attempting to open an eDrawings HTM file with a pre-release version of eDrawings
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eDrawings\e2019 (replace e2019 with whatever version you are using)
3. Check if there is a value named DownloadFrom under e2019
4. Set the value to REL
Problem: Download link is invalid. This happens when the HTM file was created with a pre-release version of eDrawings
1. Open the eDrawings HTM file in a text editor
2. Change this string to REL
Retrieving data ...