2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 7:07 PM by Rohan Rohan

Sub-Assembly mating problem

Rohan Rohan

I am trying to mate a sub-assembly within an Assembly. Hower after one single face to face coincident mate, the sub-assembly object is defined and can not be further mated or dragged by the cursor. This also seems to be the case for other sub-assemblies and for all types of mates. The sub-assembly is not fixed. Mating was previously working fine, then one minute it stopped functioning as normal. I'm guessing there is an option to solve this somewhere in Solidworks? I am using SW 2011  SP4.0

Thanks!

• Re: Sub-Assembly mating problem
          Glenn Schroeder

I would recommend expanding the Mates folder for that sub-assembly in the tree to make sure that's the only mate, and if there is only the one mate, make sure it is a Coincident Mate instead of a Lock Mate.  If that doesn't clear it up, can you post your assembly here?

• Re: Sub-Assembly mating problem
              Rohan Rohan

Thanks for your reply Glenn. I created a new assembly with a few test blocks as sub assemblies and solidworks worked fine, therefore it was not a settings issue, the problem was specific to the assy I was working on. A colleague suggested that I fix all mate errors in the assembly ( there were a lot, the assy had not been worked on since 07), then next thing it was working as normal again. Next time I will take more notice of errors!