3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 7:05 PM by Khair Bin Shamshi

Multi Line for linked text

Khair Bin Shamshi

Hi Guys,

I've created my title block and linked a line of text to the drawing's custom properties.

It works fine for short titles, but not for long titles (as you can see in TBLOCK 3).

Is there a way to make it to multi-line so that it adjust accordingly?

Best regards,

Khair

• Re: Multi Line for linked text
          Glenn Schroeder

In your TBLOCK 3 example, right-click on the sheet tab, or a blank section of the sheet and choose "Edit sheet format" from the drop-down.  Double-click on the note that is too long.  Grab the outlines of the text box and drag them to change it's size to fit the available space  First grab it at the bottom and drag it down to make room for another line of text, then grab the right side and drag it to the left so that it fits.  After that you may need to click off the note and then click back on it to position it to fit in the title block.  Next exit the "Edit sheet format" function.  If you leave it and proceed with working on your drawing, this change will only affect this sheet of this drawing.  If you want it to apply to other sheets or other drawings you will need to go to File > Save sheet format to save the change.  If you already have other sheets in this drawing using this sheet format then you will need to right-click, go to Properties, and click the Reload button (assuming you saved your modified sheet format under the same name).

Also, if your drawing template uses this sheet format, it won't update automatically.  You will need to open a new drawing, update the sheet format, and then save your drawing template.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need something clarified.

• Re: Multi Line for linked text
            Glenn Schroeder

Did you get it to work?