Sam couple of questions before I try something on this macro:
- How you want to pick the location; Need a browse/folder selection option OR want to fix that location in the macro itself
- Do you mean the file properties needs to pulled from the part OR the drawing.
- Can you attach one sample part and drawing.
Please use "advanced editor" in case you want to attach any files.Click on reply and then click "use advanced editor".
1. I need to browse, but if the start location of the browse could be a subfolder of a drive; for example X:\ Engineering drawings. Reason being is that the files will always be saved in sub folders of this location; it would save time not having to browse to the root folder every time.
2. The file properties need to be pulled from the part or assembly in the drawing. Custom properties have the same name in both part and assembly if this helps. The properties are applied using the custom property tab if that makes any difference.
3. Sample part and drawing attached.
I used to work for a reseller in the UK; you were a legendary forum user then, by the looks of things you still are!
Thanks in advance
Just last thing before I finalize the macro; do you want active sheet to save as DWG or all sheets?
Sorry for late getting back to you.
Only the active sheet please.
I never really make extra sheets on drawings anyway.
Try this macro. You'll have to change the initial folder location. To do this go to Tools > Edit and browse to this macro an change the location in this line
Filepath = BrowseFolder(Caption:="Select A Folder", InitialFolder:="C:\Users\Deepak\Desktop\Test") 'Change Intial folder path here
Make sure that the path is between quotes as shown above.
The macro has been tested on SW2013 Win 7 x64. Please backup your data before using the macro.