2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 11:34 AM by Dan Hofstetter

cut plots creation is static?

Dan Hofstetter

Hi all,

I'm still working on my flow simulation automation project, and am still struggling with output creation.  I created a template project that has cut plots created on certain planes that are defined based on the model, and offset a certain distance from model objects in some cases.  What I am finding, though, is that if I copy the model file, change the design table for the model objects to resize the model, then run the simulation and show the cut plots, they are locked at the original plane location used in the original model (before resizing).

Here's an example:  I start with a template with a 10' wide tank, and a midplane that is located at the 5' mark (half-way across the tank).  When I resize the tank to 20' wide, that cut plot stays at the 5' mark, even though the plane that the cut plot uses for its definition moves to the 10' mark.

I'm using SW2013 SP5.0 - can anyone verify if this behavior is still present in SW2014?  This is the same behavior that I experienced when trying to predefine point parameters - they seem to get locked to the initial X,Y,Z location.

Thanks,

Dan