3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 4:02 PM by Ridgely Banks

Belt mate errors

Ridgely Banks

Good afternoon. This is my first post here. Thanks in advance for the help.

I am a very new SW user.

I'm trying to create a belt mate around 5 pulleys.

I cannot attach to the outside pulleys. I'm thinking the distance apart may be to great.

SW says "The direction of a selected pulley is not parallel to the normal direction of belt plane".

What in the heck do they mean by that????

All the pulleys are in alignment or close enough.

I dont get this error attaching other pulleys in closer proximity. I can attach belts to 3,4, and 5, but not 1 or 2.

timing belt creation error.jpg

• Re: Belt mate errors
          Ridgely Banks

I was finally able to get the belts to attach. However, I get errors when I attach either far pulley.

My initial error was that they were not completely in alignment. I now have them mated to the same plane.

Still...

My entire assembly turns caution yellow.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out, thx! pulleys_6.jpg

Jerry Steiger

Ridgely,

Folks can't help much with such a generic question. It would be best if you could attach your files. Second best would be to show what some or all of the warnings are.

Jerry S.

Ridgely Banks

I uploaded the assembly.

It is a pulley and rail drive system for a garment printer.

-  The main drive motor "A" (.2in pulley) turns a 3 inch pulley "B" with a drive belt.

-  The 3 in pulley turns a shaft which mounts a .5in pulley "C".

-  .5 in pulley"C"- 2nd belt- .5 in shaft mounted gear "D"

- further along the shaft another .5 in gear "E" attaches to a tensioner mechanism.

- A final belt runs the z direction to pull a pallet assembly in the z direction.

I can get things moving corretly with gear mates.

I cannot get things to move correctly with belt mates.