4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2014 9:57 PM by Mariah Sharp

Picture handling macro in drawing - Help plz

Tibor Meszes

Hi,

I've to add a barcode picture to the drawings, so I have a simple macro for that, that works fine.

My problem is: if the drawing changes, before I inster a new barcode, I have to delete the previous, but I don't know the object name, because on every "InsertSketchPicture" the object name counter will rise (Sketch Picture1, Sketch Picture2, etc).

One solution if I rename the inserted picture, but I don't know how can I do this. Can I rename somehow the inserted picture's object?

Ant thats it, I don't know other solution, but if somebody has any idea, please share that with me.

my code part is:

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

Part.EditTemplate

Set SkPicture = Part.SketchManager.InsertSketchPicture("C:\barcode.png")

SkPicture.SetOrigin 0.0128, 0.0052

SkPicture.SetOrigin 0.13, 0.0052

SkPicture.SetSize 60 / 1000, 9 / 1000, True

Part.EditSheet

thank you

• Re: Picture handling macro in drawing - Help plz
          Simon Turner

How about getting all sketch pictures in the drawing and checking GetOrigin on each one to find the one closest to where you would have inserted it?

Matt Martens

SkPicture.GetFeature.Name = "Name of Sketch Picture"

Part.EditSheet

This line of code should rename the sketch picture to whatever you want it to be. Make sure the name is in quotes or set a string variable to the name. I would recommend the string variable because you can use it to find the sketch picture to delete before inserting a new one and renaming it.

Tibor Meszes

Thank all of you the fast answers, Matt's solution is perfect for me

Mariah Sharp

Tibor Meszes wrote:

Hi,

I've to add a barcode picture to the drawings, so I have a simple macro for that, that works fine.

My problem is: if the drawing changes, before I inster a new barcode, I have to delete the previous, but I don't know the object name, because on every "InsertSketchPicture" the object name counter will rise (Sketch Picture1, Sketch Picture2, etc).

One solution if I rename the inserted picture, but I don't know how can I do this. Can I rename somehow the inserted picture's object?

Ant thats it, I don't know other solution, but if somebody has any idea, please share that with me.

my code part is:

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

Part.EditTemplate

Part.EditSheet

thank you

why it needs to be changed with a another new barcode?