3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 11:42 AM by Brad Hakeman

Question regarding download

Ricky Scott

Hi,

I have a question regarding downloading the software. I've had the solidworks student edition, and am basically downloading an extension. I uninstalled the current copy and installed the new copy, everything seemed to work fine. The installation manager finished, and when I went to open the program I received this error message:

This version had not been commissioned properly, please contact your supplier (A100,68). Then when I clicked ok for that another message appears that says:

An activation prerequisite is missing, please reinstall (68).

Does anyone here have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Rick

• Re: Question regarding download
          Jerry Steiger

Rick,

You might try asking this question in the Administration forum, as that is the best spot to get answers about installation issues.

Jerry S.

Deepak Gupta

Rick try the solution given in SolidWorks Knowledge Base Solution Id: S-062141 if that helps you (not sure if you've access to that area I'm posting the solution below)

1. Open a command prompt (Start > Run > type cmd and hit enter)

2. Type 'cd c:\program files\solidworks corp\solidworks\setup\i386' to change to the <SolidWorks install directory>\setup\i386 folder  If SolidWorks is not installed in the default location update the path as necessary

3. Type swlicservinst.exe -swip swx and hit enter

4. Type swinstactsvc.exe -swip swx and hit enter

5. Start SolidWorks.

Brad Hakeman

We have one user getting this error this morning.  Would it have something to do with the license server?  We moved the license manager to a newer server and had everyone run a batch command to update their machines to search for the right server.  If the user didn't run the batch command, would the installation manager have problems updating to 14?