7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 2:07 PM by Pete Yodis

No database is connected to this view

Pete Yodis

Anyone ever get this error?

no database is connected to this view.JPG

• Re: No database is connected to this view
          Pete Yodis

S-020198...

Although, it doesn't explain why I can't access the vault from another user's new created vault view on their computer.

And it doesn't explain why I can't attach a file from Outlook (2002) on my computer.

Wayne Marshall

Pete,

When you create a Vault View you are presented with the question...

View Set Up.png

If you chose 'No' then the required Registry Keys that link the View to the DataBase server will only have been added to the HKEY LOCAL USER registry hive for the user who created the View. Chosing Yes adds the information to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE meaning teh View is accessible to all Users who can log onto that PC, but you will need to be a Local Admin User when createing the View or you will not have access to the LOCAL MACHINE registry.

It sounds like this View was only created for the original User and you are logging in as somebody else. I would suggest that if you want it to be global, you Delete this View (Check in any Checked out files first), then as a Local Admin user recreate it 'for all users'.

With respect to the Outlook 2002 question, when you say 'attach' are you looking to Brwose the Vault from Outlook or add an Outlook .msg file to the Vault?

Kind regards

Wayne Marshall

Solid Solutions Management

Pete Yodis

Ok... I undestand the first issue.  That problem is fixed.

The Outlook related question... I am trying to browse the vault to attach a file to an email.

Wayne Marshall

How far do you get? When you hit 'attach' can you browse the Vault View / see the file you want to attach or does it not let you access the Vault fullstop? If you can see the file but it refuses to attach then it may be that the 'older' version of Outlook is not using a standard Windows dialog box (as we see now) and as such the EPDM functionality embedded into the OS is not kicking in to 'cache' the file so it can be attached to your email. Can you Right Mouse Button click over the file and 'Get Latest Version' before selecting it to attach? If you locate the file in the vault and use the standard Windows Right Mouse Button 'Send To / Mail Recipient' does it create a new email with the file attached?

Kind regards

Wayne Marshall

Solid Solutions Management