1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 5:27 PM by Jerry Steiger

Cannot find Hole Callout format file since installing SolidWorks 2014

Andrew Shaw

Hey All,

Solved this problem, just wanted to see if anyone had experienced it and show how I solved it. 

Since installing 2014, every once in a while when trying to do a hole callout on a drawing, an error pops up that says the hole callout file (I think it's called "calloutformat.txt") cannot be found.  It gave me the file path where it was looking, so i looked there and low and behold, there was nothing. 

I opened windows explorer and searched my harddrive for the file ("calloutformat.txt") and I found it in another folder (It was in "Solidworks Corp/Solidworks (2)" or something like that, maybe solidworks made a new folder when doing the fresh install).

To make solidworks use this file, I went to Options>File Locations>Hole Callout Format File and deleted the old location and added the new location.  Voila.

• Re: Cannot find Hole Callout format file since installing SolidWorks 2014
          Jerry Steiger

Andrew,

This is normal. If you don't install the new release over the top of the old release, then SolidWorks will generate new folders where it makes the new installation. The best method is to name the new folders up front with the release, so SolidWorks 2014 in your case. If you customize files like your hole callout it is best to move them to a location other than the default SolidWorks location so that they don't get overwritten by the default SolidWorks files if you install a new version without keeping the older version.

Jerry S.