9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 10:40 AM by David Matula

Crash Reports

Wayne Traina

Hi,

Where do the crash reports go and how do you go about discussing the fix with the crash report recipient? I've had about 12 crashes since yesterday.

Thanks,

Wayne

• Re: Crash Reports
          David Matula

So SolidWorks crashes while your trying to do something simple....you type what you where doing into the crash report....and then you restart SolidWorks and open you stuff back up and try and do it again.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes again.   Well when you have an abundant amount of crashes in a day and get frustrated....how many people kind of vent in the crash report?
          Who reads the crash reports?

anyone ever type in a joke for a crash report?

is there a top 10 madest crash reports....

a top 10 funniest crash reports.

a top 10 worst crash reports......

what happens to the crash reports.....who gets em and are they read.....that is what users everywhere want to know.....

John Stoltzfus

In support of Rick Becker ONE - TWO post

This is one of the notes I put in my crash reports - The other one the moderators are offended - so won't post it here...

David Matula

LSDFJKKLASDL;KJADL;KLKSDAFLKSDALK;L;JKSDA;LKL;JKLJKASDFLKLKJ;ASDF;LKLJKLJK;LASFD;LKL;JKL;JKLK;JSDAFA;LK;LJK;JLK;LJKSDAF;LKJLK;JKL;EIJEIVININ3-049UJJ49

K-----WHY .......THIS SUCKS JUST GETTING DOWN TO THE LAST FEW ITEMS.....ALREADY ADDED MATERIALS AND WEIGHTS TO MY PARTS...UPDATING DESCRIPTIONS IS GOING GREAT......
              COME UP TO THE SUB ASSEMBLY.....AND BOOM....BANG........CLINK........CRASH.......THE WHOLE THING JUST DISAPEARED........FALT ERROR............DANGER DANGER.........QICK....HURRY......SAVE THE DARWING ALL TO LATE.....LAUNCH AND TRY AGAIN.....

Rick Becker

David,

Just hit save after each and every command and your loss will be minimized.

Edward Poole

I do that sometimes when I get aggravated...

John Stoltzfus

Rick Becker - really!! Do you really need to save? are you sure that makes a difference -

Ahh - but it's a pain saving every 2 minutes, or maybe every 2 seconds, I'd rather re-do stuff, which keeps me from deleting what I did and starting over, I think the Crash Bang Boom, is a lot calmer then saving, actually turns me into a zombie, at the end of the day, I got no idea what just happened, I feel great no worries just ready to hit the night life, why would you want to save, it's a pain hitting ctrl Q all the time and then ctrl S, just keep going, the pay is the same, really surely don't think you need to save at all, just do everything print and hit the red X and when the little box comes up asking you to save, just select No.  Saves disk space, that way you have more room for all those cool downloads that people from the forum actually do them for you, if you know the ropes and how to be nice, no reason to save.  Saving is a pain, I don't like pain... 

David Matula

It is all fun....just annoying with the crash......thought I would add the response to the crash report guys.....taping fingers on key board to the bs with a little info.....still do not know where they go or who if anyone reads em.....