19 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 1:10 PM by Todd Blacksher

Moving On

Today, Friday, December 20th will be my last day working for Dassault Systèmes - SolidWorks. I will be starting a new job in the design field in January 2014. 

I just want to convey how grateful I am to have been part of this fantastic SW community over the past decade. Because of this forum, SWW, customer visits and SWUGs I have been able to meet many of you personally and establish not only a working relationship but a friendship. I have had the privilege of seeing, first hand, all the amazing products that you build and how many different and unique ways you are using SolidWorks.  Thank you for all the outstanding  feedback that you’ve given me (us) all these years and for each and every one of you that have contributed to this forum – you are such an important part of SolidWorks’ success – more than you know; what amazing community YOU have built here! I would also like to thank Greg Jankowski and Richard Doyle (and the other administrators) for their thoughtful and considerate nurturing this forum.

It is unclear at this time whether I’ll be able to continue my involvement here as a “SW user” but I do hope so; I will know more in a month or two.  I will be updating my LinkedIn in January so hopefully we can reconnect.

So long for now

Mark

• Re: Moving On
          Lenny Bucholz

MARK! DARN YOU

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! YOU WILL BE MISSED!

Sorry but I had to yell that out. All I hope is that SW gets someone with your knowledge in surfacing and design cense to take over for you.

let me know if you never the skilled hands of an old Model Maker in your new endeavor.

your ex IDEO coworker

lenny

Kelef Man

Mark, l have read and followed and tried and copied nearly every solution,

and wonderful piece of advice of yours for more than l can remember,

you inspired me to mix in and pay back what you so profesionally impart,

l don't know you personally, but l will miss searching for your newest post,

thanx from an awed messer and guesser - kelef

May you always have work for your hands to do.

May your pockets hold always a coin or two.

May you allways have sun shine on your window pane.

May your rainbows be certain to follow each rain.

May the hand of a friend always be near you.

And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

Eric Irwin

Wow, what a loss for SW!

I wish you the best in your new endeavor.  I know you have always given your best here!

Greg Hynd

Good luck Mark, wish you all the best! Keep in touch with us on the forum!

Deepak Gupta

Mark,

It's hard to see you go and we'll will miss you

We wish you lots of success on your way and we hope that we will see you again soon. Goodbye!

Jeff Holliday

Not enough words - other than thank you for everything you have contributed and best wishes for the future!

Kelvin Lamport

Well, that's a shocker! Your input here will definitely be missed.

Hearty congratulations to you, and I wish you all the very best in your new endeavour.

Merry Christmas.

Christian Chu

Good luck, Mark

Just wonderd why I didn't get a response when asking "will you be in the SWW2014?"

Now I get the answer, Mark

Hopefully your new job will be using SW and you'll be around here

Chris

Glenn Schroeder

I would also like to wish you the best in the future, and thank you for your help.  Your leaving is a loss to SolidWorks, and I hope you can still participate here on the forum so it won't be quite as much of a loss for us.

Jeff Mirisola

It's been a pleasure, Mark. You will be missed, should you not be able to continue to participate as a user.

Congratulations on your new position!

Jeff

John Kreutzberger

Good Luck Mark! I have appreciated your advice over the years. I think we are connected over on LinkedIn, so I'll stay tuned over there. AND Have a very Merry Christmas!

Jerry Steiger

Mark,

Good luck! I hope the folks at SolidWorks know and appreciate how much you have done for them. Those of us in the trenches certainly do!

Jerry S.

Neil Larsen

Well that news is a bit of a shock for old time lurkers, even coming on the back of other notable departures.

It just wont be the same without Mark looking out for real world users and his considerate videos and blog/forum posts.

I dont suppose Mark always appreciated my comments but he gets an honorary commendation from me for his contribution to the betterment of SW. Thank you Mark for your outstanding work and ethic/attitude.

You exemplified what SW was in respect of the values the company was founded on.

Your new employer is very fortunate to have someone like you aboard.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Edward Eaton

Mark, my old friend, I of course wish the all the best for you and your family!  I am happy for you in knowing that this change in position has to be a great move for you.  I selfishly hope that we can stay in touch. I do sincerely treasure the time we have spent together all these years. You were at first a mentor, but through good fortune I was lucky enough to become a freind.
                                    Again, all the best - Ed

Mark Biasotti

Thank you all for your kind words and well-wishes. I'm back with my first post/response after a 3 week break and technology sabbatical :-)

I will try to stay active but I'm now on "time and materials" in my new job but I do look forward to the interaction and will be fun to come to the community to get my questions answered.

Regards

Mark

Neil Larsen

Welcome to the SW forums dude.

I've been told occasionally I'm looking at doing some time and supplying my own materials so I can relate to your predicament.

So, a tip from a lurker - make sure you behave yourself when posting here. Plead ignorance, accident or some other misadventure if caught.

Say you know the manager or something.

Cheers.

Steve Calvert

Sorry to see you leave Mark.  It has been a great pleasure knwoing and working with you.  I wish you all the best in your new position.

Steve Calvert

Todd Blacksher

Mark,

Congratulations on the big move!

Any chance that you will be at SolidWorks World in San Diego as an "Attendee"?

Best of luck, and thanks for all of the help over the years!

todd

David Paulson

Mark,

While you will be greatly missed in this forum, we all evolve into a more personal career in the wild.  You will never look back because your significance will be much greater.  And your future posts on this forum do not have to be measured for a politically correct solution.  I greatly appreciated not only your effort on the Carrera GT, but your comparison to modeling it on Catia.  SW is a great product, but will never be the greatest product for some applications.  Thank you for defining the limits.