19 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 4:25 PM by Pete Yodis

Problem with EPDM deleting variables being from files

Pete Yodis

I am seeing issues with EPDM deleting variables from files.  It seems to happen when variables are blank or empty values.  My reseller captured the issue and has submitted an SR for it.  Has anyone else seen this? 

• Re: Problem with EPDM deleting variables being from files
          Charley Saint

Pete,

Do you mean it's deleting the custom properties from a file if a variable is cleared in the data-card, as opposed to leaving the property there and just clearing it?

Pete Yodis

Charley,

It appears to be deleting the custom file properties from the file.  I'm wondering if the PDF task is interfering with writing the variables, so I'm testing it with and without the PDF task.  The odd thing in my testing on last Friday was that it didn't delete the customer properties on 3 round trips through the workflow, and then on the 4th it did.  Once it started doing that, it seemed to always want to do that for successive trips through the worklflow.

Charley Saint

Pete,

Can you post the attribute mappings for the variable you saw it clearing?

Pete Yodis

Charley... The issue last week was also coupled with a General Table being used for the revision table.  Our reseller confirmed the issue and sent the files and settings off for inclusion into the SR.  What we found is that by re-creating the general table the issue went away.. almost.  Today, with a re-created table, I am battling with a value not getting copied on the 4th trip through and seemingly everytime after that.  I have included screen shots.  The value that is getting blanked is the RevDesc02 variable.  It doesn't happen the first 3 trips through, only after that.  RevDesc01 is supposed to get copied to RevDesc02 on the state change from Released to WIP (New Revision is the state change).  Here are the screenshots for RevDesc01 and RevDesc02 variable attribute maps...RevDesc01 attribute mapping.JPGRevDesc02 attribute mapping.JPG

And here is the list of actions occuring in the transition for "New Revision"

rev copy actions.JPG

Now, here is the result on the Rev Block... Upon the 4th time through the worflow, the RevDesc01 is not getting copied to RevDesc02.  Notice how the line in the Rev Block for RevDesc02 is not populated...General revision table.JPG

I am noticing this issue on DWG files and SLDDRW files, so it doesn't appear to be file specific.  It must be something in the workflow...

Charley Saint

Pete,

I'm not seeing anything obvious from that, I'm curious if it's doing something funny with the configurations on the backend. Can you fill in this query with the filename of a file you are seeing this with and post the results back:

select filename, v.variablename, vv.revisionno, vv.valuecache, dc.configurationname

from documents d

inner join variablevalue vv on d.documentid = vv.documentid

inner join variable v on v.variableid = vv.variableid

inner join documentconfiguration dc on vv.configurationid = dc.configurationid

where filename = 'Insert Filename Here.slddrw'

and v.variablename like 'RevDesc%'

Pete Yodis

Charley,

I am not a SQL guy... where do I enter that query? I assume  under SQL Server Management Studio?

Charley Saint

Pete,

Attached is a report you can run from Report Generator, which you can get to from the tools menu:

2013-12-17_1346.png

Once there, import the file and drag and drop a drawing you are seeing this with to the selected files window:

2013-12-17_1347.png

Pete Yodis

Here it is Charley... Thanks.  This is a DWG file.

capture revision info.JPG

Here is the copied text...

C:\PDM-TEST-VAULT\Products\14-0000-00.dwg
                                      All Values of RevDesc Variables
                                      filename variablename revisionno valuecache configurationname
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 1  INITIAL RELEASE PER ER # 123456 Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 9   Layout1
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 9   Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 10 CHANGES MADE PER ER 123457 Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 16   Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 17 CHANGES MADE PER ER 123458 Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 21   Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 22  CHANGES MADE PER ER 123459 Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc01 26   Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc02 1   Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc02 9  INITIAL RELEASE PER ER # 123456 Layout1
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc02 9  INITIAL RELEASE PER ER # 123456 Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc02 16 CHANGES MADE PER ER 123457 Layout1
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc02 16 CHANGES MADE PER ER 123457 Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc02 21   Layout1
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc02 21   Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc03 1   Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc03 9   Layout1
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc03 16  INITIAL RELEASE PER ER # 123456 Layout1
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc03 16  INITIAL RELEASE PER ER # 123456 Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc03 21 CHANGES MADE PER ER 123457 Layout1
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc03 21 CHANGES MADE PER ER 123457 Model
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc03 26   Layout1
                                      14-0000-00.dwg RevDesc03 26   Model